Wednesday 28 May 2014

An expert I admire

Well, I would like to mention Lévi-Strauss. He was a French anthropologist who was born on 1908 and was deceased in 2009 (he lived more than a century!). He has made lots of essays about native americans and made a lots of theories that improved the anthropology. The main reason I "admire him" (I don't really believe that there is a reason why a human being should "admire" another human being, because we are all equal) is because reading what he has write I was able to solve the paradox between "be relativistic and because of that do not judge anything, neither in my society nor in another" and "be ethnocentric and be able to ask for changes in your own society". The answer is "to moderate the opinion". This solution is crucial if you ant to be a good anthropologist, because it let you to speak, think and theorise without fall in a contradiction. Also, Lévi-Strauss make me regain the good path to be a good professional, because i was becoming a bit altercentrist, and he explained in one text how to be neutral again.

1 comment: