Wednesday 29 October 2014

2014

The past year has been an excellent one. One of the best things that have happened in my life is my admission in university. Despite all the bad moments when I couldn´t study in time for a test, I have had a good time in the college.

In the past year I have learnt hot to concentrate longer, how to improve my management of time, and have adapted to the university´s lifestyle. Also, I have gotten very good marks. And maybe the most important thing among all: I have learnt a lot of information to support my ideological point of view.

I haven´t begun drawing yet, but I hope to do so in the holidays. Also, I would like to continue writing my book.

I have been helping Boris Santander (my former archaeology teacher) to classify and to enamel bones. All that work is for his thesis. I have to admit that the tasks that I have to do are much less slightly than I though. I was expecting a micro-precision process, but instead, I have to manipulate the pieces with my bare hands, with no mask or mandil, and discerning quickly and with no special observation what piece is not-burned, burned, charred or incinerated. What is more, the "glaze" we use to enamel the pieces is in fact varnish. It is awesome! Maybe is for this reason that the anthropologists are sometimes called "the hippies of the science". I really like this flexibility, because I really hate to use a suit and to follow too many rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment