Wednesday 8 October 2014

Being a Green One

People can learn about environmentalist issues in the Green Peace web page. I do not check it very often, because I am too busy. Also, in my house we don´t make as many things as we would like to do (like participate in eco-friendly activities) because we are not very tidy, but at least we put the plastics in one bag and organic food in another in order to recycling it. If I had more time, maybe I would join an eco-organisation, but I can´t right now. So I think I am a Green-in-Between.

Since I enter university I don´t use cars or public transport very often. I live near the college, so I can just go walking. I used to ride my bike to reach the university, but it was very annoying to have to carry the chain, the helmet, the gloves and to have to worry about thieves. At the end, I wasn´t saving much time going by bicycle. With this I am saving a lot of gas (and preventing a lot of pollution).

When I was in school there were a recycling project in progress, so we had different garbage cans for different things. At the beginning, everybody was cooperating with the initiative. However, because the municipality didn´t have the infrastructure to recycling, when the garbage truck arrived, the stuff just dump the cans in the same container. Soon, everybody got frustrated and the project failed.

We also had a container deploy taps for further recycling in order to help kids with cancer. However, in a school´s event, the parents used that container as a normal garbage can, despite the pictures explaining it´s real purpose. I was very upset. In this society the enviromental culture is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment